La Leche League
Free mother-to-mother support for breastfeeding in South Birmingham. Join the facebook group
Come to the friendly meetings- whilst pregnant if interested in breastfeeding, or with baby to get support with any challenges, and to meet other mums.
La Leche League Helpline 0345 120 2198
Are you part of the new craze to normalise breastfeeding?
Here's how to make your own 'tree of life brelfie'
- Go to your app store and download 'Pics Art'
- Select the free Tree of life stickers
- Upload your pic and choose a tree
- Adjust the tree by rotating and editing
- Choose a magic effect for the image such as Rainbow, Flare, Midnight and Rose
- Upload to social media with the #normalisebreastfeeding and #treeoflife
Successful breastfeeding begins right at birth
Whether the delivery of a baby goes exactly as expected or veers down a completely unexpected path, the early removal of colostrum is an important part of getting breastfeeding off to a good start. Ideally, the baby will attach to the mother's breast and begin to nurse and remove colostrum without assistance, but if the baby is born prematurely or is unwell, the mother may need to do this herself. Even those who have lots of experience with breastfeeding may be surprised to see how much colostrum can be expressed within the first "golden" hour. This fantastic video is by Dr Jane Morton and there are lots more useful ones here